Birdham Neighbourhood Plan - Made version
Home » Planning » Neighbourhood Planning

Birdham Neighbourhood Plan - Made version

birdham-parish-neighbourhood-plan-made-version

Birdham Parish Council Neighbourhood Plan

The Neighbourhood Plan for Birdham has passed it toughest test yet!!

The numbers voting for the plan 505

The numbers voting against the plan 56

Turnout was 45.86% so far the highest in the District.

Neighbourhood Plan - for Referendum

https://www.chichester.gov.uk/neighbourhoodplan#birdham

Draft Neighbourhood Plan

Birdham Parish Neighbourhood Plan - Pre-submission June 2014

Minutes of the Birdham Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group of the 16th October 2012

Birdham Neighbourhood Plan

Minutes of the Steering Group Meeting

19.00 Tuesday 16 October 2012 Birdham Village Hall

 

Present:                                                       

Ken Wright                (KW)                           Carolyn Cobbold      (CC)

Marion Barker           (MB)                            Jane Finch                (JF)

Alan Drew                 (AD)                            Arnie Chamberlain  (AC)

Paul Simmons         (PS)                            Dave Williams          (DW)

Apologies:

Hamish Gairns, Terry Claughton

Also present:

David Siggs (DS) (Birdham Parish Council Clerk), Paul Finch (PF) (FG member – Transport & Accessibility), Lavinia Brooks (FG member – Economic & Business),

Rowena Tyler (AiRS – Community Development Officer)

 

  1. 1.    Review of specific actions from previous minutes

Item 2 Terms of Reference updated

Item 3 Intention to create a NP registered with CDC and posted in Observer. Due for consideration in Dec meeting of CDC Cabinet (see item 7)

Item 4c Village Hall booked for Drop in Day 17th November (booked 9.30am to 1.30pm)

  1. 2.    Review of Key Control Documents:
    1. a.    The Overall Plan – all members happy with drafted plan.
    2. b.    Register of Consultations – all members aware
    3. c.    Mapping of Issues to Focus Groups – noted additions. No other additions suggested.
  2. 3.    Flooding Risk Assessment

After extensive discussion members agreed to recruit residents from each road to help map the June flood. Once mapping data is available to contact David Losely for current advice. Responsibility for this activity was agreed as resting with the Environment FG. There was some discussion around suitable flooding questions. DS to provide copies of the parish map to each FG.                                          DS

  1. 4.    Report from FGs
    1. a.    Economic/Business – have held 2 meetings – aim is to find out what attracts businesses to Birdham. Intend to talk to George Smith at DC. Next step to run a drafted questionnaire past 15 businesses (range) to check questions. Then decide further steps based on response. RT recommended we encourage formation of a Business Group in Birdham (like Chamber of Commerce/business breakfast club).
    2. b.    Transport/Accessibility – 1 meeting, considered road congestion and commuting
    3. c.    Community – 2 meetings (see report). Marion has taken up the school liaison task
    4. d.    Environment – 1 meeting
    5. e.    Heritage/Local knowledge – see report
  2. Open Day preparation

RT suggested we develop ‘Branding’ for materials so that when residents receive any communication they recognise it as part of the NP consultation. Discussed using the NP tab on the PC web-site with a unique email address to allow for contact via email. Agreed materials would need to be developed by each FG to support open day, possibly using the maps and the draft questionnaire. Discussed creating a ‘take away’ sheet (similar to Findon sheet) for attendees. JF volunteered to draft this for consideration by SG.                                            JF

  1. 6.    Questionnaire Update

All groups need to get draft Q’s ready. Agreed to do so by 26th October.       All

  1. Funding

Plan area will not be confirmed until January 2013 at the earliest. Once this is confirmed PF will pursue the funding that is then activated. Strategic Flood Risk Assessment is available on CD for £5, which DS will order.                              DS

CC mentioned Stuart Smith has £250K to spend on flooding.

  1. 8.    AOB
    1. a.    New planning applications – members agreed that planning applications would be discussed as and when they arose.
    2. b.    CPRE workshop attendees – KW added to the list and DS to notify organisers (attendees AC, MB, KW and Andy Grafham)             DS
    3. c.    AirS Community 21 IT instruction session – various dates given. JF to liaise with Faustina. PS interested in attending.                                          JF
    4. d.    Questions from attendees not in the Steering Group - none

 

 

The next meetings were proposed for Monday 12th November 2012 and Monday 10th December 2012.                                                                                                              All

Meeting was closed at 20.50.

 

                 

Response to the Questions on Parish Housing Numbers in Birdham

Response to the Questions on Parish Housing Numbers Birdham

Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Business Task Force 18th September 2012

Minutes of Birdham Business Task Force

18th September 2012

Present: Arnie Chamberlain, Lavinia Brooks, Carolyn Cobbold

Prepare inventory of local businesses in Birdham from CDC data (David Siggs, AC,CC,LB).

Idenitfy extent of home-working in the parish. (AC,LB,CC)

Write to all business explaining that Birdham is setting up a Business Task Force to help prepare a neighbourhood plan and that we are seeking their views. Invite business representatives to an informal gathering in a local venue. (Arnie to write draft letter, Carolyn to ask Bell if we can meet there).

Prepare questions for general questionnaire : along lines of: If you represent a business in the area: how many employees do you have? How many employees live within 3 miles of the business? Would you want to employ more local employees? What are the positive aspects of being based in Birdham? What are the negative aspects of being based in Birdham?

Prepare questions for a more specific survey directed at businesses. (LB, AC, CC).

Encourage formation of Birdham Business Forum.

Work with businesses to identify initiatives that might benefit them and parish such as posting local job vacancies on website; publishing a directory of local businesses and services, informal training opportunities etc.

Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group 18th September 2012

Birdham Neighbourhood Plan

Minutes of the Steering Group Meeting

19.00 Tuesday 18 September 2012 Birdham Village Hall

 

Present:                                                       

Terry Claughton,      (TC)                            Ken Wright                (KW)

Carolyn Cobbold      (CC)                            Marion Barker           (MB)

Jane Finch                (JF)                             Alan Drew                 (AD)

Arnie Chamberlain  (AC)

Apologies:

Paul Simmons, Dave Williams, Hamish Gairns, Steve Crossley

Also present:

David Siggs (DS) (Birdham Parish Council Clerk), Paul Finch (PF) (FG member – Transport & Accessibility), Lavinia Brooks (FG member – Economic & Business)

 

  1. 1.    Review and agreement of the Terms of Reference (ToR)

The initial draft had been amended following comments received from the members.  The meeting agreed that the quorum for key decisions would set at 6 members. The ToR were agreed and will be reviewed again at the December meeting.       JF/MB

  1. 2.    Appointment of the Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Funding Co-ordinator

Following a discussion of the experience and commitments of the members the following appointments were agreed:

Chairman – Terry Claughton

Vice-Chairman – Ken Hughes

Secretary – Jane Finch/ Marion Baker

Funding co-ordinator – Paul Finch.  (Co-opted for funding issues).

The already heavy workload of the Parish Clerk, precludes full involvement in the committee but he will provide support, as required, within existing time constraints.

The appointments agreed will be added to the addendum of the ToR.                           TC

  1. 3.    Registering of the plan and designation area with CDC

The Parish Clerk confirmed that, based on the agreement at the public meeting held on 10th September, when the Steering Group (SG) was formed, together with the resolution at the council meeting on 17th September, he would register the Plan and Designation Area, with the District Council, as the whole of Birdham Parish. He would also register this with neighbouring parishes.                                                                  DS

  1. 4.    Communications strategy

a. Questionnaire

A draft covering letter and questionnaire was presented. This was broadly based on that used by W Wittering in developing their Village Design Statement. It provided some very initial thoughts for SG members to take to their Focus Groups to help determine the questions they would like to ask the residents of the parish.                                     All

The Parish Clerk informed the meeting that AirS is contracted to provide support in producing and printing the finished questionnaire for distribution with pre-paid envelopes addressed to AirS. They will also analyse the data.

It was noted that other parishes had a return rate of c.15% but the committee’s aim is to do considerably better than this.

b. Website

The Parish Clerk confirmed a tab for Neighbourhood Planning had already been created on the Parish Council web-site. Agreed official minutes, agendas and other communications would be posted on the web-site once agreed by the SG.          JF/MB

c. Public Meetings

It was agreed that members would seek opportunities to raise awareness by communicating with local groups about the Neighbourhood Plan. (e.g. Residents’ associations, church groups, etc.). The importance of presenting a consistent message was emphasised.                                                                                                              All

The first open meeting for all Birdham residents was tentatively scheduled for Saturday 17th November. This will be a drop-in style meeting from 10am to 1pm in Birdham Village Hall. The availability of the venue will be confirmed.                                       JF

d. Newsletters – not discussed

e. Register of consultation

TC emphasised that it is vital that we can clearly demonstrate that we have done our utmost to consult residents as widely as possible throughout the parish. The record of consultation within the W Wittering Village Design Statement is an example of this. To this end a Register of Consultation will be created and maintained.                                  All

  1. 5.    Reports from Focus Groups

The purpose of this item is to report the progress that each Focus Group has made to date and what it is going to do next.

  1. Economic/Business –  meeting arranged to follow-on from the SG meeting
  2. Transport/Accessibility – meeting planned for 20th Sept
  3. Community – no meeting planned yet
  4. Environment – meeting planned for 20th Sept
  5. Heritage/Local knowledge – 2 meetings held. Wealth of information gathered and key topics identified. Next task is to identify suitable questions for the questionnaire.
  6. 6.    Mapping of Issues to Focus Groups

The first draft of the key document, mapping key Issues to the relevant Focus Group, was presented. This will be maintained to ensure that these issues are effectively registered and it is clear which Focus groups will be dealing with them thereby reducing the risk of issues not been fully addressed.                                                                              All

  1. 7.    Funding

The Parish Council has budgeted £1000 to start the development of the Neighbourhood Plan and further funding will be available from a VAT recovery. A small expenditure on the hire of the village hall has been spent to date. The cost of the support from AirS has already been allocated, by the Parish Council, in addition to the above.

PF explained he had spoken to Anton Draper in Communities and Local Government (central government). It appears that of the £30k available to the District Council per plan, £5K will be made available to each parish on the receipt and acceptance of their Designated Plan Area.

TC suggested that to get the quality of the final plan document right, we would need a budget to engage a professional writer. This proved essential in the preparation of the W Wittering Village Design statement. CC (who is a professional writer) volunteered to help in this respect.

  1. 8.    Expectation Management

The importance of managing expectations was discussed. It was noted that members must be realistic about our ability to do things and be very careful not to make commitments that we cannot deliver.                                                                                         All

The Parish Clerk said that the plan will need to be flexible and subordinate to the Local Plan, although this doesn’t yet exist. The impending consultation document from the District Council will give some guidance as to its eventual content.

  1. 9.    AOB:

A draft list of parish assets was distributed for consideration by members.              All

The next meeting was proposed for Tuesday 16th October 2012.                               All

Meeting was closed at 20.35.

Neighbourhood Planning Meeting 10th September 2012 in the Village Hall

Neighbourhood Planning Meeting 3rd September 2012

Presentation given by Rowena Tyley NP Birdham (To view this presentation you will need MS Powerpoint or MS Powerpoint Reader free from Microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13)

National Planning Policy Framework  NPPF Comms and Govt document (To read this document you will need Adobe Reader free from https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/ )

An Introduction to Neighbour Planning Neighbourhood Planning Introduction Sheet Dept Communities and Govt v2 (3) (To read this document you will need Adobe Reader free from https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/ )

 

Planning Matters for the 3rd October 2018

The following planning applications and delegated decisions have just been received. Representations, if any, should be lodged with CDC by the 24th October 2018. APPLICATIONS BI/18/02031/FUL - Mr Pete Bradshaw Houseboat Moored Hen Chichester Marina Birdham Chichester Replacement house boat. https://publicaccess.chichester.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PD3HQ2ER0PD00   DELEGATED DECISIONS BI/18/01163/LBC Mr & Mrs Wright Fir Trees Shipton Green Lane West Itchenor Repair and restoration works. PERMIT https://publicaccess.chichester.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=P8EJG9ER0XV00 BI/18/01444/DOM Mr & Mrs...

Planning Matters 7th September 2018

PLANNING APPLICATIONS BI/18/02130/FUL Plot 13 Land South West Of Premier Business Park Birdham Road Appledram West Sussex Resubmission of BI/17/01383/FUL submitted 30.5.2017 and refused 03.10.2017 for a change of use of the land for a single pitch for Gypsy occupation comprising touring caravan, hard standing and provision of static mobile home with facilitating development (hard standing, fencing, oil tank, cess...

Planning Matters 8th August 2018

The following delegated decisions have just been received. There are no applications. Any representations should be received by the District Council within 21 days of this notification. (29/8/18). Delegated Decisions BI/18/01100/DOM Mr Tom Matthews Farne House  Court Barn Road Birdham PO20 7BQ   Proposed two storey extensions and alterations. PERMIT https://publicaccess.chichester.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=P7UL08ERL1600   BI/18/01390/FUL Mr & Mrs White Herons  Westlands Estate Birdham PO20 7HJ   Demolition of existing...

Complaints Procedure

complaints-precedure-may-2018

Page 1 of 5212345...102030...Last »